Oil and Gas Experience. Over 35 Years
Education: BSc Geology, Diploma, Petroleum Engineering, Cert. Oil and Gas, Exploration, Production and Processing. D.Sc. Management (Honoris Causa)
Among other Institutions attended were;
- University of Benin, Benin city, Nigeria
- Oxford University, Oxford UK
- Southern Methodist University (SMU) Dallas USA
- Stanford University, Stanford, California USA
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation / Petroleum Inspectorate 1978 to 2012
- Led the Exploration team that discovered Oil and Gas in Lagos Nigeria Benin basin
- Updated the Environmental Guidelines and standard for the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry (Up-, Mid and Down streams)
- Chaired the Oil and Gas industry wide committee that reviewed the United Nation Environmental report on Ogoni
- Delivered the Nigeria Geophysical offshore Speculative Surveys and subsequent interpretation for value ranking of open Nigeria Offshore Oil and Gas Concessions.
- Part managed the process and execution of Nigerian Marginal Field regime
- Led the Nigerian STRATCOM study team (Stratigraphic Committee of the Niger Delta basin) to extensively review and reclassify the Niger Delta Depo Centers, using Sedimentological Patterns, Structural / Siesmo-Sequence and Lithostratigraphic analyses
- Delivered the wedge concept for geological field mapping and reservoir Sand Iso-paching
- Input to Nigerian Gas Master Plan and Policy
- Delivered the first ever Nigeria Gas Regulations.
- Developed the concept, formula and enforcement of the Domestic Gas Obligations, (DGO) as a solution to the inconsistence domestic gas supply by producers to the Domestic sector utilization (Power plants and Industries)
- Created great innovations, on delivering the Engineering and Technological solutions to NNPC Corporate complex Projects (O&G Production platforms, Flow Stations, Pipelines, Terminals, Jetties, Tank farms and Refineries), Information Technology, Telecommunications, Cost Engineering, Engineering Designs, Research & Development and HSE&S
- Successfully dry docked and brought back NNPC giant Tanker MT Tuma from Brazil to Nigeria
- Developed the Nigerian Low Hanging Fruit Gas utilization concepts for utilization of flared gas.
- Constant liaising with the National Boundary Commission and the Revenue Mobilization, Allocation, and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) for production allocation to Oil Producing State on 13% revenue derivation.
Learning & Development
Undergone numerous developmental assignments and courses in Geology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, Petroleum Engineering, Leadership and Management with, Nigerian Government, NNPC, NNPC Joint Venture Partners and others in the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Austria, France, Spain, United States of America, Canada, Brazil, UAE, Qatar, Thailand, China, South Africa and Nigeria.
- Advance Management technology – Oxford University UK
- Executive Oil and Gas Operation and Management – Southern Methodist University Dallas Texas
- Leadership, The use of Power – Stanford University California, USA
Former: Director of Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Federal Ministry Of Petroleum Resource
Function: The Chief Regulator of the Oil and Gas (Upstream and Downstream) business in Nigeria, using the Nigerian Petroleum Laws as amended, Regulations, Policies, Guidelines and standards
FORMER : Group Executive Director (GED) , Engineering & Technology
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Corporate.
Function: Providing Engineering, Technology and HSE&S solutions to NNPC Operations and overseeing eight (8) NNPC subsidiaries.
West African Gas
Pipeline Authority (WAGPA) Member, Board of Governors
(Nigeria, Benin, Togo and Ghana)
GAS EXPORTING COUNTRIES FORUM Nigeria Executive Board Member
Former: Member of Board of Directors, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and Chairman Governing Council Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Warri
Current: Consultant Oil & Gas
Membership of Professional bodies& International Communities
Fellow, Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (FNMGS)
Fellow, Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorations (FNAPE),
Member, American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
Member, American Association of Exploration Geophysicists (AAEG)
Nigerian Member, Committees of Parties, Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC} 2001 – June 2010
Member, Governing Council of Mining Engineers and Geoscientists (COMEG) Nigeria
Member, Oil and Gas Sector Implementation Committee (OGIC) in Nigeria
Fmr. Chairman Oil Spill Sub Committee on 3% Ecological Fund Nigeria
Chairman Stratigraphic Committee of the Niger Delta (STRATCOM) Nigeria. 2001 – November 2012
Pioneer Chairman Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Managers Forum for the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. 2001 – June 2010
Pioneer Head Gas Regulation and Monitory DPR
Chairman Petroleum Training Institute Governing Council
Effurun-Warri ( Jan 1st 2009 to April 2010)
Member Board of Directors, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) ( May 2010 to June 26th 2012 )
Member, Board of Governors, West African Gas Pipeline Authority (WAGPA}. Oct. 2005 to 2015
Executive Board Member, Gas Exporting Countries Forum, (GECF) 30th June 2009 to March 2014
Married to Joan with four children
Hobbies: Golfing, Swimming & Table Tennis